Wednesday 4 February 2015

All Good Things

Late last year Kazka Press sadly shuffled off this portal coil once and for all, leaving my story, "Ashes to Ashes, Mañana, Mañana", with a home on ReadWave, a self-publishing platform for stories (fiction and non-fiction), but otherwise unhosted on a site that selects and manages its content.

Except that's no longer true! The story, republished as "Ashes to Ashes", has found a home at The Spec Fiction Hub, which previously republished "Remembrance of Things Past". Following up on both of these, there is a Q&A with me on the site, in which I discuss flash fiction, software development, writing style, spoken word and Bristol.


The image used for the story was drawn by Dave Allen at a Small Stories event last year. I also read at one other Small Stories event last year. Well, that's almost true: there was a recording of some small stories at Ujima Radio in September.


I'm not sure what's to become of these recordings or the artwork, but I learned this week that after a successful, exhilarating and exhausting year, Small Stories has wrapped up and said farewell. It will be missed.

All good things...

No comments: